Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Great YA Books

     So I've been reading A TON of Young Adult books lately- you know, immersing myself in my genre and getting to know what teens like, etc. Anyway, I thought I'd post a list of books that I have loved in case anyone is looking for good books to read. The great thing about teen books are that they're quick and easy reads, have funny characters and great stories, and they're pretty clean- usually. So here's the ones I've loved and liked. I won't mention the ones I didn't care for so much cause there have been a few of those too.

Anything by Meg Cabot- The Princess Diaries, Avalon High (those are the ones I've read so far- she's written like 90 books! Oh to be Meg Cabot)
Stephenie Meyer- The Twilight Saga (duh)
Suzanne Collins- The Hunger Games, Catching Fire
Ally Carter- The Gallagher Girls series: I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have to Kill You, Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy, Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover
Aprilynne Pike- Wings
Rick Riordan- Percy Jackson and the Olympians (all five)
Alyson Noel- Evermore, Blue Moon
Kelley Armstrong- The Summoning, The Awakening, The Reckoning
Maggie Stiefvater- Shiver

     Those are all I can think of right now. Thanks to my local library for having them and then I loved them all so much that I went out and bought them. No joke. (Except for The Princess Diaries series because there's more than 10 and I've read them just this past week and I so can't afford that many books at once!)
     Anyway, hope all you book lovers out there try some of these out because they really are great. And nothing is better for an author than word of mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment