Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Devil is in a Mini Mars Bar

    Why is food so good? No, scratch that. Why is food that's bad for you, so good? Why can't desserts and bread and pasta make you lose weight instead of making you puff up like that marshmallow man in Ghostbusters?
     It's plain annoying. Can I lodge a complaint? Dear Whoever- change the rules so that foods with the most calories, therefore the most flavor, are the foods that are good for you. Please? Pretty please?
     I guess not.
     I'm realizing for real that food is going to be a lifelong struggle for me. I did weight watchers on my own for about a year after having Avery to help me lose the baby weight and get down to where I've always wanted to be. Although I didn't make it quite as low on the scale as I wanted, I was happy with the weight I achieved. I thought that after being on it for so long, I was used to what I could and couldn't eat, and I could move on to eating normally without having to count points or measure portion sizes.
     Ten pounds later...
     Obviously I can't be left to my own devices.
     I wish I could change my view on food. Instead of viewing it as oh-so-yummy-just-gotta-eat-it-because-it-tastes-so-good, I need to view food as fuel. FOOD IS FUEL. Something that my body needs to keep it going.
     Ha, good luck with that. It ain't happening. Because food isn't fuel- it's yummy. It makes me happy. I can't help but smile and go 'mmmm' when I bite into a soft but crusty piece of garlic bread.
     It does not make me happy to eat fish, greens, and egg whites every day. Seriously, how do actresses and models do that? It's ridiculous. And nasty.
     It turns out that the devil is here on earth and he rests in a mini mars bar, tempting me with his chocolaty yummy-ness.
     I want to enjoy life. And enjoying life to me means eating things that I love. So where does that leave me?  I guess I'm going to have to watch what I eat for the REST OF MY LIFE. Sigh. Because I need to find balance between eating what's good for me and eating those mini mars bars that I love so much.
   

1 comment:

  1. HA HA HA!!! You make me laugh...I love your post title! M&M's are my weakness...darn things!!

    ReplyDelete