Sunday, December 26, 2010

The End. (Of Christmas That Is)

     Well, Christmas is over. O-V-E-R. I find it very anti-climactic. It's like this huge buil-up, the anticipation and the waiting and excitement... and then BOOM! It's over. Just like that. I always feel a little bit of a let-down when it all ends. Not that I'm disappointed in the gifts I received, or in the family time spent, or the food eaten. More it's just a general sadness that Christmas is over for another year. In the next week I'm going to start feeling the manic need to take down all my Christmas decorations and move on, which I will do. And it won't be until next fall when I'll start to feel the excitement start to build again.
     It was a good Christmas though. I got to visit my parents and dip fondant chocolates for the first time. We spent lots of time with Jeff's family, which is always a lot of fun. (Luckily this year I managed to keep my rage in check around them! HAHA!) The kids were psyched to get DS's from Santa, and I was psyched to get my favorite gift- one I get every year- a gift card for the mall. We watched a lot of the Grinch, and Dora's Christmas Carol. I ate (and am still eating) A LOT of yummy food (I know what my new year's resolution is going to be!). And today at church the Christmas Program that I organized went really well. It's been a good holiday season, and I have much to be thankful for.
     I'd like to take a sec and say thanks and an 'I Love You' to all my family out there- the Stanford's and the Burt's. I'm so thankful for my family and wish I could see them more often. And I'm thankful that we have Jeff's family nearby to spend time with. I may get exasperated sometimes (ha!), but it would be so crappy to live somewhere completely on our own with no family close by.
     I am very blessed. Even though sometimes I think I don't deserve it, I am grateful. So very grateful for my family and for everything that I have. And I'm looking forward to seeing what the New Year will bring.

1 comment:

  1. I am sad it is all over, but relieved as well. Now to take down our decorations...and my house will feel even more naked ha!

    The church program went well. It was nice singing all those Christmas songs. And man was it nice to actually hear people singing...did you notice that? Everyone was singing loud...it was great!

    ReplyDelete