Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I'm Baaack

     Ok so I wasn't really gone but it sure felt like it. I usually take Sundays off from the computer but four whole days away from the computer and I feel like I've missed out on the whole world! There's so much catching up to do (and so little time!)
     Anyway, it's wednesday which means... Road Trip Wednesday! Here's the question:


What's the best book you've read this month?

     Well gee... that's tough. Hmmm... Which Harry Potter will I possibly choose??? Haha. I'm still on Order of the Pheonix (book five) because of my weekend with the family. So out of those five I'd have to say Prisoner of Azkaban is my favorite. Why? I don't really know. It's been a long time since I read it for the first time so I can't really say why that one stands out. But I will give an example of one of my absolute favorite parts from that book: (Courtesy of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by JK Rowling, page211)

     "Professor Severus Snape, master of this school, commands you to yield the information you conceal!" Snape said, hitting the map with his wand.
     As though an invisible hand was writing upon it, words appeared on the smooth surface of the map.
     "Mr. Moony presents his compliments to Professor Snape, and begs him to keep his abnormally large nose out of other people's business."
     Snape froze. Harry stared, dumbstruck, at the message. But the map didn't stop there. More writing was appearing beneath the first.
     "Mr. Prongs agrees with Mr. Moony, and would like to add that Professor Snape is an ugly git."
     It would have been very funny if the situation hadn't been so serious. And there was more...
     "Mr. Padfoot would like to register his astonishment that an idiot like that ever became a Professor."
     Harry closed his eyes in horror. When he'd opened them, the map had had its last word.
     "Mr. Wormtail bids Professor Snape good day, and advises him to wash his hair, the slimeball."

     Bwah-ha-ha-ha-ha. That part makes me laugh- out loud- every time. Love Harry Potter. Just love it. Enough said.  

6 comments:

  1. Well, you can't go wrong with the PoA. That's my son's favorite book in the whole series (I might agree with him, but I waver between that and the Half-Blood Price). Yay, Harry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude. A HP book is never a bad call, ever! Love this one so much, and the movie version as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Classic! I just read Philosopher's Stone with my 5 year old. It was SO FUN, but it took a long time. I'm going to wait a few months before we dive into the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deathly Hallows is probably my all time fave. I was very disappointed in the movie version of POA mainly because they left out all about who wrote the marauders map but spent wasted time showing birds flying into the whomping willow. Grrr- makes me angry every time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this section! I laugh out loud every. single. time.
    This is one of the best in the series...well, one of top six or seven, definitely!

    ReplyDelete