Friday, July 15, 2011

Harry Potter Week, Day 5: All About Luuuuuurve

     I envy anyone who went to a midnight screening last night. Finding a babysitter for that time of night is impossible. Oh, who am I kidding? Last time I stayed up past 1 am, I could hardly function the next day. Ah, I'm getting old.
     Instead of seeing the movie last night, I finished re-reading Deathly Hallows. I stayed up too late doing that but I couldn't help it. Once I got to the part where Harry's back at Hogwarts, I just couldn't stop reading. Man, that book is awesome. Seriously awesome. And now I'm kind of sad because I probably won't re-read those books for another few years. Sigh.
     But let's not get back to reality quite yet. I still have two more days of pretending to be part of the whole Harry Potter world. Today is all about one of my favorite things to write about: Love. Looove. Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuurve. Ok, I'll stop now.
    
Who at Hogwarts would you want to date?
Who would actually date? (Meaning, who would you get, realistically)
What would Amortentia smell like for you?

     Don't pretend like you haven't thought of this before. I know you have. Even if you think you haven't, I bet the answer comes pretty quick to your lips.


Harry looked around; there was Ginny running towards him; she had a hard, blazing look in her face as she threw her arms around him. And without thinking, without planning it, without worrying about the fact that fifty people were watching, Harry kissed her. (Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, page 499)


     So, who would I want to date? Harry. Or Cedric. No Harry. No Cedric. Harry being the same height as me is a point against him. But the fact that Cedric dies... I don't know if I'm into the whole doomed relationship thing. So Harry. Except that I'm in Hufflepuff so I'd have a better chance with fellow Hufflepuff Cedric. (Hmmm, maybe I should want to be Cho Chang since she gets to snog both- HAHA!) 


"Cedric was a person who exemplified many of the qualities which distinguish Hufflepuff house," Dumbledore continued. "He was a good and loyal friend, a hard worker, he valued fair play..." (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, page 626)

     If I'm considering my present age, I'd say Sirius.


...Lupin should stop pretending that Sirius- who was standing feet from them behind that old curtain- was not going to emerge at any moment, shaking back his dark hair and eager to re-enter the battle. (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, page 712)

     There's a reason I ask the question, who would you actually date. Thinking back to when I was in High School, I had those impossible crushes on the Harry's or Cedric's- the most popular guys, the sporty guys, the guys every girl wanted to date. But I was also drawn to the funny guys, the goofy ones, the guys who could always make you laugh, the guys who EVERYONE liked. Usually those guys were my friends and it wasn't until they started dating someone else that I'd realize how great they were. So based on that answer... the Weasley twins. Fred and George are always there for the comic relief. To make tense situations more bearable. To make us all laugh. Almost everything that comes out of their mouths is hilarious. And let's not forget they're brave (always willing to fight), smart (Weasley's Whizard Wheezes), and sporty (Quidditch beaters).



"How do you feel, Georgie?" whispered Mrs. Weasley.
George's fingers groped for the side of his head.
"Saint-like," he murmured.
"What's wrong with him?" croaked Fred, looking terrified. "Is his mind affected?"
"Saint-like," repeated George, opening his eyes and looking up at his brother. "You see... I'm holy. Holey, Fred, geddit?"
Mrs. Weasley sobbed harder than ever. Colour flooded Fred's pale face.
"Pathetic," he told George. "Pathetic! With the whole wide world of ear-related humour before you, you go for holey?" (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, page 67)

     So what would Amortentia smell like to me? Cinnamon and apples, summer, coconut, Marakesh Oil (hair shine serum). Aaaahhhhhhh. (If you don't know what Amortentia is, watch the scene below from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.)


There was a clatter as the Basilisk fangs cascaded out of Hermione's arms. Running at Ron, she flung them around his neck and kissed him full on the mouth. Ron threw away the fangs and broomstick he was holding and responded with such enthusiasm that he lifted Hermione off her feet. (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, page 502)
      So I know this isn't a love love scene, it's more of a friendship love scene. But I love it. I luuuuuuuuurve it. (Sorry, can't help myself.) Even though it's not in the book, it shows just what they're going through when Ron leaves. How dancing helps them to forget, just for a couple of minutes, their terribly crappy situation.





1 comment:

  1. Hmm, who would I want to date? If I was in school with them I would probably like Lee Jordan. I might actually date him too but I don't remember the books well enough right now to think of anyone else I might have actually dated.

    I would like Serius too. In the book he sounds gorgeous, humble, and kind (like in the scenes of him in highschool). The movie version is not my type as much as the book version.

    I thought that dancing scene was weird and gives the wrong impression about hermione and harry. Although I see it's good to show what they're going through I didn't really get the scene.

    ReplyDelete