Friday, January 27, 2012

Crush of the Week

     I spoke yesterday about the book One Day. Yesterday afternoon, I watched the movie One Day. This was one of those rare instances where I liked the movie better than the book.
     *Note: I still liked the book. I cringe over too much negative.*
     I think I liked the movie better because you're not inside the characters heads. You don't hear all of the despicable things they sometimes think. Also, they cut out a lot of the worser (like that?) qualities of the characters. While you sort of know that Dexter is a drunk in the movie, it's not nearly as bad as it is in the book (not to mention the drugs). Emma has an affair with a married man during the book, they cut that out in the movie.
      I really liked the movie. I've read mixed reviews about it but I enjoyed it, and it made me love the characters more than I did while reading the book.
     It helps that I've been an Anne Hathaway fan since The Princess Diaries. Know what else helps? This guy, who made an excellent Dexter.


     And I have to give a major shout out to how amazing the two actors looked during the movie, pulling off the looks of the late-80s, 90s, and 2000s so well. Check it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment