Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Have Suitcase, Will Travel

     Here's today's Road Trip Wednesday Prompt, hosted by the awesome girls over at YA Highway:

In honor of the release of Kirsten's WANDERLOVE yesterday--which is amazing, by the way; get yourselves to a bookstore if you haven't!--we bring you a travel-themed RTW prompt today! If you could wander anywhere in the world, where would it be, and why?

     Pick anywhere in the world to go? Please? Can I??? I've got a suitcase, I'm ready.
     Seriously, there are so many places in the world I would like to see. I'm not exactly a world traveler. I've been to five Canadian Provinces: BC, Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario and Quebec. I've driven through most of the United States. When I was eighteen I got to visit a small town in France called Perigueux. And the cruise I went on last November allowed me quick glimpses of the Bahamas, Turks and Caicos, Puerto Rico, and St. Thomas.
     I feel lucky to have been where I have so far. BUT...
     Top on my list? PARIS. This might be an obvious choice for a lot of people, but I took French Immersion all through school and have always dreamed of living there. Although it would take awhile for me to get the language back.
     Second? Italy. Anywhere in Italy. Rome. Venice. That little town on the side of the mountain in the movie Only You. Anywhere. Ahhhh, I die just imagining it.
     After that, I want to go everywhere. Hawaii. England. Scotland. Spain. Any tiny little gorgeous tropical island most people see only in magazines. I would go ANYWHERE. I love to travel. In another life, it's just me, and that's all I do.
     And now I'm going to just sit and stare at this picture for awhile...

9 comments:

  1. Paris is a beautiful city. If you go take the chance on their batobus at night. It'll take you around the Seine to different stops around Paris like Notre Dame, Eiffel Tower etc. But you can just stay on it and cruise all the way round the river and see Paris and the Eiffel Tower light up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Venice is one of my favorite cities in the world. It's so beautiful, so different from anywhere else, that it seems more akin to a fantasy land than an actual tourist destination. I'm also a big fan of Paris. :)

    You reminded me of another location I want to go. I've never been to Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been to Ontario and Quebec! Woohoo world traveler me! :D You can't go to England and Scotland without visiting Wales and Ireland. Both Wales and Ireland have some of the most gorgeous countryside you'll ever see. Being part Irish part Welsh, I'm totally unbiased, of course. (I'm part Scottish too, so really...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post!
    Paris is amazing. (I keep forgetting that it's only a four hour train trip from where I live). Top tip: Sainte chapelle, the most gorgeous chapel I have ever seen. Took my breath away.
    And if you do go to Italy make sure Florence and St. Gimigniano are on the To Visit List!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Italy when I visited as a teen--I'd love to go back! I am going to Hawaii this summer, and looking forward to being in a place I've wanted to visit for ages.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh... Paris would be amazing. It's the one place my husband refuses to travel to with me. I have no clue why, but he has strong feelings against Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, that picture is GORGEOUS. And Paris is one of the few places I have traveled to. It was amazing and I'd love to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paris is gorgeous! And Italy, too. My favorites were Pisa and Florence! You could stop in Switzerland on your way from Paris to Italy - beautiful mountains, lovely people, and just...inspiring. Love the picture! Makes me want to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Paris is a beautiful city - I love roaming the streets of the Quartier Latin, walk by the Seine looking at old books or go up to the Place des Tertres watching the artists...
    Love it and miss it! I´d also very much like to go to Italy (and the movie Only you was great :D)

    ReplyDelete