Wednesday, April 25, 2012

April Reads


Aha! YA Highway have finally posted their Road Trip Wednesday question and lucky me, I'm all prepared. Here it is:

What was the best book you read in April?

You'd think I had nothing better to do in April than read. Well... maybe I didn't. Here's the books I read this month:







The best one? Can I choose two? Too bad, because I'm gonna. First, Cinder by Marissa Meyer. I love to read something so completely different than what I'm used to. And not only that, but this book didn't go where I thought it would go at all. It really surprised me and books don't often do that for me.

My other best book of the month- Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles. I read this book in one day because I was so caught up in the story and the characters. It was funny, it was sad, it was romantic, it was sexy-hot, it was sweet. The sequel (Rules of Attraction) was just as good but I'm a lover of firsts- first novels included- so I have to go with this one.

(And you know how much I loved Jenny Han's "summer" books. I've said it before, but I couldn't help saying it again.)

What did you read this month? Anything I can add to my TBR pile?

6 comments:

  1. CINDER's already on my TBR list. I like books that don't go where I expect (Elizabeth Norris's UNRAVELING, which came out just yesterday, did that for me), so I'm looking forward to reading CINDER. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Perfect Chemistry. It was amazing.

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read Cinder while I was in the hospital afer baby was born. I knew it would be the only time I could get much reading in before heading home to a house full of munchkins. And I agree, it was probably the best book I read in April (everneath is a close second).

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many of these are on my TBR list--PERFECT CHEMISTRY and CINDER, specifically.

    I loved the SUMMER books too, but I still haven't gotten a chance to read the last installment. I need to get on that before I forget everything about the characters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome choices! I have Cinder on my TBR and I LOVED Perfect Chemistry! Great titles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CINDER blew my mind. It's in my top three for the year so far (and that's out of forty books.) I also really loved SHATTER ME, and I'm totally intrigued by that Shannon Hale book--I love her YA/MG stuff and I love Austen, so that seems promising!

    ReplyDelete