Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween


Of course Road Trip Wednesday is going to go all Halloween. So they're asking:
 
Halloween! What's your favorite scary book or movie?

This is a tough one because I don't like scary movies. Or books. Or anything scary at all. Yep, I'm a fraidy-cat. My overactive imagination takes even the least amounts of freaky and turns it into, what was that noise? Is someone pounding on my door? I can hear footsteps. I'm going to get slashed and murdered in my bed with a gigantic knife and there will be blood everywhere.

My imagination actually gets worse from there but I can't even write it down. When I was a teen, both Scream and Sleeping With the Enemy freaked the crap out of me. I don't think I've ever actually seen a horror movie (Scream would be the only one). And books? The scariest it gets is... nope, I can't think of one. I don't mind a little bit of freak-out, like Maureen Johnson's In The Name of the Star about a serial killer. And of course I love tension in my books. But as for horror? No way, no how, not happening.

So how's that for a non-answer?

What's your fave scary book or movie?

Actually, no, don't answer that. Because I'm not going to read/watch it anyway and I frankly don't even want to hear about it. Wait. Is something scratching at my window?

6 comments:

  1. Gah! Sleeping With the Enemy was a whole different type of scary for me. I've seen it many times, but it still freaks me out. I'm not generally a fan of the scary, so you aren't alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I did love Scream. It wasn't so scary since it was so self-aware, but it had its moments! I don't usually go out of my way to watch scary things, either :) Hope you have a totally not scary in any way Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dad took me to see Tommy (the rock opera) when I was very little and I had such nightmares from it! That's how much of a lightweight I am.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha it's funny how many of us are fraidy-cats! I'm the same. I don't like scary stuff all that often. Sometimes I will want to read or watch something that gets my heart racing...but not often!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sleeping with the Enemy is SUCH a scary movie. Terrified the crap out of me when I was young.

    Happy Halloween and Road Trip Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have a love hate relationship with scary movies. I love to be scared but hate losing sleep once I am.

    ReplyDelete