Friday, October 26, 2012

RED

 
I am loving Taylor Swift's new album RED like crazy. I admire her so much. She's not the best singer in the world, but her song-writing skills are amazing. Some people have blasted her for singing about her exes, but I think it makes the songs that much more interesting. Her songs are very honest, and I like that.

 
I also love that my three daughters (aged 3,5, and 8) beg to listen to her. Yes, my 3-year-old does too. We all belt out We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together in the car. I've only listened through the CD a couple of times, but Stay Stay Stay, Red, and 22 are already favorites. This CD is definitely worth a listen if you haven't had a chance yet.


1 comment:

  1. I love it too! My 2.5yo son bobs his head when I blast "Never" in the car, it's so much fun to watch. I remember reading about her a long time ago, when she was famous, but not quite as famous as now. The article said that she was approached when she was 14 with a record deal, but she wouldn't be allowed to write her own music. She said "no thanks", she wanted to find her own voice with her own music. I have crazy respect for that. When a person is offered something that amazing but holds out because they just KNOW they won't be happy otherwise? Amazing. I want to live by that rule.

    ReplyDelete