Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Best Book of October

Today's Road Trip Wednesday question asks:
 
What was the best book you read in October?

October was a long month and I read a lot of books. A lot!







As usual, I can't pick just one fave, but I can pick a top three. Or maybe four. I have a major love for historical and so I LOVED Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard and Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers. They were both awesome historical/paranormal reads. I'm also a fan of The Raven Boys. My only complaint with that book was that it ended!

My top pick though, would have to be Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout. I LOVED this book like crazy. I've also read Pure by the same author, and after reading Obsidian, I went on an online shopping spree and bought everything Jennifer Armentrout has published, plus some pre-orders too. Onyx is waiting on my shelf to be read- it'll be the first thing I pick up once I'm done rereading The Twilight Saga.

What was the best book you read in October? Head over to YA Highway to answer.

9 comments:

  1. This is quite the list! Of the ones you read, my favourites are GRAVE MERCY and THE RAVEN BOYS. And I loved them for the same reasons that you did. :) I can't wait for the sequels in both series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great recs here! So many books to add to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obsidien and The Raven Boys are on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I can't wait to read The Raven Boys. My favorite this month was Abbi Glines Just For Now. Woman's a genius when it comes to sexy guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I haven't read any of your top picks. I did love The Raven Boys though!!! Great writing style. I'll have to add your other reads to my to-read list, Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm... I think I was planning on reading THE SCORPIO RACES for my first taste of Maggie Stiefvater's work. But I'm reading all this love for THE RAVEN BOYS. I might have to run another poll to decide... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE historical also. GRAVE MERCY is on my TBListenedTo pile right now, and so is RAVEN BOYS.

    I've been wanting to read/listen to PURE...sounds like I need to bump that up on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read any of these, but most are on my Christmas list :)

    Really wanting GRAVE MERCY and SOMETHING STRANGE AND DEADLY specifically, so I'm happy to hear that they live up to the hype!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, this settles it, I have to get a copy of 'The Raven Boys' already! I love Stiefvater's writing, and I've heard so many good things about the book.

    ReplyDelete