Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Inspiration a la Google

Today's Road Trip Wednesday hosted by YA Highway asks:

Share your most inspiring and/or motivational video, book, or quote on writing!

I hate to admit that I had no inspirational quotes or books or movies or anything that came to the top of my head. I know I've heard a few but I never remember them. I actually had to Google it.
*hangs head in shame*






And here's one I couldn't find in a nice colorful box but I had to add it anyway:

You must write for children the same way you write for adults, only better.  Maxim Gorky

Do you have any inspirational writing stuff?


4 comments:

  1. Gosh I love motivational quotes. I'm writing all of these down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the first one -- "A professional writer is an amateur who didn't quit."

    You could probably replace writer with nearly any other occupation and it would still hold true. Success is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration, to steal another quote (Thomas Edison). We just got to keep on keepin' on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the Jack London one. Novel-length stories don't just shimmer into being fully-formed with all the stakes raised and twists twisted, but it's easy to feel like they *should*--which is a great excuse for not writing one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have entire Pinterest boards and a Tumblr full of motivational quotes. Definitely a thing, haha.

    ReplyDelete