Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Reaching for Reached

Last night I finished Reached by Ally Condie, the last book in the Matched Trilogy. The finale did not disappoint. I loved it. Ally Condie has a way of writing that completely draws you in, and her prose is just gorgeous.

So obviously I'm going to pull my teaser for Teaser Tuesday from this book. And there's not just one, but two teasers. These aren't just random quotes I'm pulling from the book (even though that's what you're supposed to do). These are two bits that are just magnificent. They are quotes that I want to remember always.


In the Society, we don't call out beyond our own bodies, the walls of our rooms. When we scream it is only in the world of our dreams, and I have never been sure who hears. (page 58)

I draw in a ragged breath, the kind you take when the pain is too deep to cry, when you can't cry because all you are is pain, and if you let some of it out, you might cease to exist. (page 458)

Do you have any great teasers for me?

4 comments:

  1. I need to read this series. My daughter has been reading it and loves the books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a surprisingly philosophical book. Great teasers. Please check out my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read this last book of the series, very excited! Check out my TT @ This Is How It's Supposed To Be

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teasers! I read this about two weeks ago and I loved it! I thought it was a fantastic ending to the series! :)

    My Teasers

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete