Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Shadow And Bone

I often read books that I've heard people talk about around the blogosphere or on Twitter. Sometimes, the premise of these books doesn't sound all that interesting to me but I give them a try anyway because I've heard how good they are.

That's exactly what happened with Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo. I really had no clue what it was about. Reading the jacket flap, it didn't exactly get me raring to dive into the book. One chapter in and I didn't want to stop reading. I love that!


Anyway, here's my teaser from Shadow and Bone:

"So I'm the Darkling's prisoner?"
"You're under his protection."
"What's the difference?"
Ivan's expression was unreadable. "Pray you never find out." (page 55)

And now I want to ignore all my house cleaning and just go read.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome teaser! I love this book so much! Reading is much more fun than cleaning ;)

    I don't have a teaser today but my co-blogger Kim at Bookmunchies has a teaser & we also have a giveaway (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh, sounds good :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2013/02/teaser-tuesdays.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does sound good! I've heard a lot about this book, too, but never took the chance. Perhaps I will soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oo I've been hesitant to pick up this book, although I couldn't tell you why... Thanks for the teaser!! I'm liking the sound of it more and more :)

    My Teasers

    Happy Reading :)

    Keely @ Realms of an Open Mind

    ReplyDelete