Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Delirium

It's Tuesday, so you know what that means...

Bathroom Cleaning Day!!! YAY! In case you didn't catch it, that was sarcasm at its strongest.

What I meant to say was, it's Teaser Tuesday! hosted by Miz B. at Should Be Reading. Right now I'm reading Delirium by Lauren Oliver, which has such an interesting premise: Love is a disease and everyone gets cured as soon as they turn eighteen. Here's my teaser:


As he turns his head I see the unmistakable sign of someone who is cured: the mark of the procedure, a three-pointed scar just behind the left ear, where the scientists insert a special three-pronged needle used exclusively for immobilizing the patient so that the cure can be administered. People show off their scars like badges of honor... (page 60)

Hopefully I can get my bathrooms done quickly so I can read some more!

5 comments:

  1. Good teaser and interesting premise for a book.

    Here's my TT

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, Wednesday is my bathroom cleaning day. Yuck! But necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, do hope you are enjoying. Sounds very good!

    I have a teaser up this week too, if you'd like to stop by...
    http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/2013/03/teaser-tuesday-155.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. *puts down bucket and frowns* Darn, I was ready to clean. Actually, I cleaned my bathroom on Saturday - whew! It needed it!

    Love the teaser! I might have to check out this book.

    ReplyDelete