Wednesday, October 23, 2013

What's Up Wednesday: Eponine and Josh Hutcherson

It's What's Up Wednesday time!
 
What I'm Reading
The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater. Wait, was I reading this same book last week? I hope not! That would be like, against my own personal code or something.

What I'm Writing
I finished my first revision on EPONINE. While it's in the hands of CP's, I am going to (attempt) to forget about it and focus on outlining for NaNoWriMo. I've got an idea but it needs to be a lot more fleshed out if I'm going to write it in a month. (Eek!)

What Inspires Me Right Now
I started EPONINE more than a year ago. I only wrote around 10k before I put it aside to alternately work on other things and take a couple of breaks from writing. Around the same time that I started, I happened to see The Hunger Games movie. I've been Team Peeta since the start and I was really impressed with how Josh Hutcherson embodied the character when I was expecting him to blow at it. When I created my character of Mark Parsons (AKA: Marius Pontmercy), I had Peeta/Josh in mind. I really wanted Mark to have that same goodness that Peeta has. I wanted him to be strong and brave, and yet sweet and soft too. I wanted him to be an all-around very good guy. This week while I was revising and needed some inspiration, I spent a little time trolling pictures of Josh Hutcherson.

This is how I picture Mark. Inspiring, yes?



What Else I've Been Up To
Besides watching too much TV (and I'm still so behind!), I saw Escape Plan on the weekend. Another thing I was totally expecting to blow and surprisingly, it didn't. It's not amazing by any stretch but it had its moments and I have to admit, I was entertained. I'm so excited for all the great movies coming in November. When am I going to find the time to NaNo???


9 comments:

  1. I read The Dream Thieves this week, too :) It's so good! Though it gave me a major book hangover...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on passing off your MS to CP's! That is such an exciting feeling to finally share your story, and to know that it will just keep getting better and better as your CP's help you contemplate and develop your story further. One of my favorite things is when CP's ask me questions that help me discover details I didn't even know I knew (if that makes sense) :) All the best of luck with your NANO project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in the same place with NaNo, my outline needs a lot of fleshing out! I don't want to get writer's block halfway through.
    Congrats on finishing your revision! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on finishing the first revision! That's so exciting. Hope the NaNo prep goes really well :D

    Have a brilliant week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I can totally see why that photo of Josh Hutcherson inspires you. :-) Congrats on wrapping your revision -- what a great feeling! Have a wonderful week, Melanie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, well, trolling pics of Josh Hutcherson is an awesome way to spend the time. And congrats on finishing your revision! That's awesome too! Good luck with Nano - I am a little jealous of everyone gearing up for it, but I also am in a zone with my revision and don't want to lose momentum. :) I'll cheer you on from the sidelines!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Peeta. Wonderful, wonderful Peeta. I'm very intrigued about your Peeta-like character (in your Les Mis retelling??). And I totes agree that Josh NAILED Peeta. The whole time I was watching the movie I kept thinking, "This is Peeta! HE IS PEETA!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband wants to see Escape Plan, maybe we'll go this weekend. Good luck with your NaNo plotting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't picture Josh as Peeta until I saw the movie, at which point I decided he nailed it and I could never picture anyone else as Peeta. Looking through pictures of him doesn't sound like a bad way to spend time at all :)

    Congrats on finishing your first revision!

    ReplyDelete