Friday, April 17, 2015

Friday Loves... Maybe

This week... UGH. It's going to be really hard to find something I've loved this week because it has been a major TRIAL.

Monday, I'm at ballet with my two youngest daughters when I spot a bug in one of my girls' hair.

LICE.

Happy birthday to me (Monday was my birthday).

After staying up until after 2 a.m. on Monday trying to pick nits out of three girls hair and freaking out and everything, I decided on Tuesday to let a professional handle it.
These were me at two a.m., making no headway at all on getting rid of nits
 
Lice clinic, people. Pricey, but worth it. Especially when she discovered lice in MY hair (ew ew ew) which I never would have found on my own (the hubs couldn't spot them either). As it is, I've spent the week doing laundry and vacuuming and more laundry and more vacuuming and more laundry. My days are completely messed up, the kids have been missing school, and I've gotten absolutely NO revising done. (Total bad timing for the Spring Writing Bootcamp.) On the other hand, I've learned a lot about lice. I always thought they were like, a "dirty" thing, but no, anyone can get them. In fact, they like clean hair, go figure.

So what do I love this week? . . . Erm . . . Definitely lice clinics. The four of us girls go back for a follow-up next week to make sure every last nit is gone, but it's been a huge stress off me not having to worry about finding every single nit and if I miss one and then it'll hatch and then all this will start all over again. (I'm still a little stressed about it, not gonna lie, but it's way less than if I was getting rid of them myself.) I CAN'T HANDLE IT.

So... how was your week?

2 comments:

  1. I so feel your pain! Hopefully not this week, although I received the alert two days ago that they've been spotted in our school and am praying that my son doesn't come home with them. I checked and didn't find any, so fingers crossed. But I had head lice my senior year of high school, the week of prom. Yeah. I was sitting in English class, scratched my head, and one came off in my fingernail. They sent me to the grade school to confirm as the high school nurse wasn't sure. Talk about embarrassing! Best I could figure, I contracted it while volunteering at a kids' fair over the previous weekend. In any case, I have literally been checking my head for nits for almost twenty years, just because. Not to freak you out ...

    I had no idea lice clinics existed. That sounds like an amazing comfort. Anyway, I hope you are all nit-free and clear. Sorry it ruined your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The week of prom? Sucky. I've never had them or had to deal with them until now. I wasn't prepared. The lice clinic was the best thing ever- as long as they are completely gone after our follow-up apt. We'll see!

      Delete