Monday, April 20, 2015

Monday Reads

The past week was crap for revising and exercising, but I did read a lot, so there's that.
Here's what I read:
 
 
All three books were 3 stars for me. I liked them all for different reasons and also had different issues with each. OF SCARS AND STARDUST had me intrigued through the whole book, not knowing what was happening and what was real/not real. The ending though, while it was realistic, was dissatisfying. I left the book feeling disappointed that I'd read it in the first place. :( 
 
FAIREST, I read just because I love Marissa Meyer. I wasn't sure how much I would like this book, since it's based on Levana, but I was into it, and it was interesting learning Levana's backstory although it was hard to ever really like her. It made me excited for WINTER though!
 
Lastly, EMMALEE is by an author who is modernizing all of Jane Austen's books. I've read her PRIDE & POPULARITY, PERSUADED, and NORTHANGER ALIBI. I remember liking those books a lot more than I liked this one. The story was cute and it was an easy/fast read, but I noticed things in the writing that could've been tighter, and the dialogue felt completely unrealistic at times, like the author was trying to use the original Jane Austen too much.
 
So I guess I was in a bit of a nitpicky reading mood this past week- blame the lice.
 

2 comments:

  1. Love the GIF! Of Scars and Stardust was three stars for me too. The writing was beautiful, but about two chapters in and I knew exactly what was going on and lost interest. Hope you have better luck with your next pick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been iffy on reading Fairest for the same reasons--I DON'T like Levana at all, so I'm not sure I'd want to spend a whole story reading about her, lol. Glad to know it was likeable though! I can't wait for Winter!!!

    ReplyDelete