Monday, August 24, 2015

Ready. Set. WRITE! (week 12) and Monday Reads

It's the last week of Ready. Set. WRITE! I missed the very first week (and last week too) so I never made a BIG goal for the summer, but here's what I've been up to the past couple of weeks.


HOW I DID ON LAST WEEK'S GOALS
I didn't check in last week, so going back to week 10, I finished all my goals. Yay.

MY GOALS FOR THIS WEEK
Finish second round of edits on SWAY.

ONE WORD THAT SUMS UP WHAT I REVISED
Different. I worked on both SWAY and JAR OF HEARTS (one an adult romance, one a YA creepy mystery) so I think that pretty much sums it up.

THE BIGGEST CHALLENGE I FACED THIS WEEK
Family. Just kidding, they're not a challenge. But I had a reunion out in the boonies and therefore did no revising WHATSOEVER.

SOMETHING I LOVE ABOUT MY WIP(S)
So, this might seem a little random, but I love my WIP playlists. I just finished working on round-two edits for SWAY and I still have music on in the background. A certain song will play, and it immediately takes me to that WIP, or a different one, and I just smile thinking of them. I really love that.

And a big thank you to Jaime, Erin, Alison, Katy, and Elodie for organizing this. I need to have my butt kicked into gear over the summer and RSW is the best for that.

MONDAY READS
I read THINGS WE KNOW BY HEART by Jessi Kirby which I thought was a really sweet story and totally reminded me of the movie RETURN TO ME. Now I'm reading the last HEROES OF OLYMPUS book THE BLOOD OF OLYMPUS.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on the WIP playlists. A certain song will come on the radio while I'm driving and if anyone else moves to change it, I'm like, "DON'T TOUCH THE DIAL!"

    Good luck with Pitch Wars!

    ReplyDelete