Monday, November 16, 2015

Monday Reads: HARRY POTTER AND THE PRISONER OF AZKABAN

I'm still reading my way through Harry Potter. I read PRISONER OF AZKABAN this week, and I loved it as much as I did the first time. PoA is one of my favorites, though I'm not sure why. One of the reasons could be it was the book that really hooked me. While I liked the first two a lot, I think PoA really swept me up into the world and the fandom. Also, as a kid I wanted to write a story about wizards who can change into animals and this book does that but in a really fun yet unexpected way. Plus I LOVE the Marauder's Map. It still disappoints me when I watch the movie that Lupin never explains to Harry who Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs are.

Anyway, I'm on GOBLET OF FIRE right now, and my oldest daughter is also rereading her way through- she's on book 5. We're also watching the movies as we go. I'm fast getting sucked into the Harry Potter world. I was thinking about why I love the books so much and there are probably a lot of reasons, but world building is a huge one. JK Rowling does such a great job building a world that is magical yet feels so real, feels like it could actually exist out there somewhere. Makes me feel like I might still get my letter for Hogwarts one day... One can always dream, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment