Monday, December 7, 2015

Monday Reads: More Harry Potter!

So I took an unplanned hiatus from my blog last week. I didn't really mean to, I just couldn't get my act in gear for some reason. Also, I didn't feel like I had much to say. Ever have one of those weeks? I've had many. Or, at least I might have something to say, but I don't find it all that interesting.

Anyway, in the past couple of weeks I've almost finished the Harry Potter series. I read HARRY POTTER AND THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX, and HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE.

There isn't much for me to say about these books. I've already gushed about how awesome they are, which everyone already knows (and if you don't know that, GO READ THEM NOW. Seriously. It still surprises me that there are people in this world who haven't read them). ORDER OF THE PHOENIX is a bit long, and I feel a little less tension filled, but I enjoyed every second of it. And I LOVE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE. I read a review somewhere after I'd finished it this time how someone didn't like all the teenage angst and hormones, but I think it made it real. The book isn't just about Voldemort, or the Horcruxes, or the wizard war. We're still dealing with sixteen-year-olds here, so of course there's going to be relationship drama. I love it. And I especially love the moment in the movie when Harry has taken Felix Felicis. One of my favorite parts, for sure.


I'm currently about halfway through DEATHLY HALLOWS and, again, loving it just as much as I did the first time. We watched Part 1 the movie last night and I love the part where Harry and Hermione dance. It's so lovely (and not in a Rita Skeeter sounding way). Frankly, I'm going to be sad when I'm done this reread because that means another few years until I enter the Harry Potter world again.

No comments:

Post a Comment