Friday, June 3, 2016

Friday Loves: CALL THE MIDWIFE

I feel like I've been there, done that, and fangirled all over the place with CALL THE MIDWIFE. But, I mean, I just can't help myself. I just finished season five and it was glorious. The whole show is incredible. The characters, the storylines, the setting and time period. *dies*


This season's overarching story line dealt with babies born with deformities due to a drug no one knew was bad stuff (can't remember what it's called, Google it). I brought it up to my mom (who had her first babies in the early sixties) and she knew exactly what I was talking about. She's finally trying out the show, I just wish I could watch it with her to learn whether she experienced some of the same things the characters do. One of the best things about this show is seeing how childbirth/pregnancy and just things to do with being a woman have evolved through the years.


Of course, I loved the romance story line between Tom and Barbara (poor Trixie). I love the Turner family. I was sad about the death in the last episode. Who am I kidding? I'm sad in every episode. I bawl EVERY SINGLE TIME. The only thing I missed was Chummy. She's such a great character.

If you haven't tried this show, give it a shot. It's excellent TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment