Monday, June 27, 2016

Monday Reads: KILL, DREAM, and HEAL

It's a truth universally acknowledged that ALL THE READING leads to a reading slump.

Okay, maybe reading slump is too harsh a way to put it, although I did have a DNF this past week which I won't mention because it doesn't really matter. I just couldn't get into the book. The books I did read were:

KILL THE BOY BAND by Goldy Moldavsky, which was probably the strangest book I've ever read. I'm a self-professed boy band lover, so I figured I'd love this book. I liked it a lot. It was fun to read about crazy fangirls (like CRAY-ZAY), but they took the cray to a whole new level. It was just... super weird. But I liked it. I've just never read anything like that before.


DREAM A LITTLE DREAM- Kerstin Gier. I love the Ruby Red Trilogy by Gier so I was super-psyched to read something else by Gier. This book was good, just not amazing. The best part is Gier's MC's always make me laugh, which I loved.


THE HEALING PLACE- Sharon Downing Jarvis. My mom lent me this book, and I didn't really want to read it. It's an older book, and also a "Mormon" book. I'm Mormon, but I rarely read Mormon fiction. I was surprised to really like this book though. I had a few issues with the writing itself, but I enjoyed the story.

So that was my reading week. All four star books, but I'm really hoping to find a swoony, amazing summer read or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment